Rosemary Chicken with Wild Rice is an easy dish to prepare on a weeknight. This recipe has some of my favorite ingredients. I love wild rice along with my favorite herb, rosemary.
Wild rice has a rich hazelnut flavor but can be a little more expensive but it is worth the price. At first bite, you will taste the nuttiness of the rice, the rosemary and everything has a hint of orange because of the marmalade.
I think you will enjoy this recipe. This is from the book New Complete Cookbook by Weight Watchers. If you are counting points, this recipe is 5 points. If you are counting calories, then it is 270 calories, 4g total fat, 32g carbohydrates, 25g protein per serving.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the chicken and carrots, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the rosemary, cook until chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the marmalade, mustard, garlic powder and pepper; cook stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the rice, toss to combine.